NYC Summer Quest is a free, five-week, full day summer learning program that provides elementary and middle school students with fun, hands-on enrichment experiences while strengthening their academic skills. DOE teachers and educators from community-based organizations collaborate to offer students Common-Core aligned instruction, enrichment activities, sports and recreation, and field trips. Last summer, 90% of parents surveyed reported that NYC Summer Quest was a good balance of fun and learning, and 90% of parents would recommend the NYC Summer Quest program to other parents.
For Summer 2013, the program will be offered in 11 schools in Community School Districts 7, 9, and 12 in the South Bronx. The following Bronx schools and community-based partners have been selected to offer the program:
- PS 5 Port Morris/LEAP (Learning thruogh an Expanded Arts Program)
- PS 153 Jonathan D. Hyatt/YMCA of Greater New York – Bronx
- PS 179/BELL (Building Educated Leaders for Life)
- PS 63 Author’s Academy/BELL
- PS/IS 218 Rafael Hernandez Duel Language Magnet School/BELL
- CS 211/Children’s Aid Society
- CS 300 School of Science and Applied Learning/Good Shepherd Services
- JHS 162 Lola Rodriguez de Tio/Oasis Children’s Services
- South Bronx Academy for Applied Media/Partnership with Children
- Urban Assembly School for Applied Math and Science/Wingspan Arts
- IS 313 School of Leadership Development/Oasis Children’s Services
All elementary and middle school students attending public school in Districts 7, 9, and 12 are eligible to sign up through July 11, 2013. Capacity is limited. Priority enrollment is offered to students who attend the schools listed above.
If your child attends one of the schools listed above, contact your school principal or parent coordinator to learn more and to apply. If your child attends an elementary or middle school in Districts 7, 9, and 12 and you would like further information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.