The American-Italian Cancer Foundation and Multi-Diagnostic Services (MDS) will be providing no-cost mobile breast cancer screening services to East Harlem on Friday, March 8th, from 9 AM to 4 PM. Early detection of breast cancer can save lives, so call to make an appointment today – (877) 628-9090. Your results will be sent to you and/or your doctor within 10 business days.
Professional medical services from MDS:
- Mammogram performed by a certified, licensed mammography technologist.
- Clinical breast exam and instruction in breast self-exam by a trained professional.
- Radiological interpretations performed by Board Certified Radiologists.
For more information about MDS, you can visit their website or call (877) 628-9090
ON THE DAY OF YOUR VISIT:
- You are recommended to wear a two-piece outfit.
- Please do not use any oil, powder, deodorant, or perfume in the breast, underarm or chest area.
- If you have Medicare, Medicaid or other health insurance, you must bring your card with you. Your insurance will be billed for services; however you will not be charged a co-pay and will not receive a bill.
- For women without health insurance, services will be paid for by the Screening Partnerships of the New York State Cancer Services Program (NYS CSP) or through generous contributions by the American-Italian Cancer Foundation’s donors. For more information about the NYS CSP, please call (866) 442-CANCER (2262).
- Comparison radiological studies are important. If you provide MDS with previous mammogram films, this comparison will be performed. In some cases, it can eliminate the need for additional testing.
- If you would like your results sent to your doctor, please provide MDS with his or her full name and address.
WHO: New York City Council, The American-Italian Cancer Foundation, Multi-Diagnostic Services, East Harlem Council for Human Services, Inc. Bilingual Head Start, Avon Foundation Breast Health Outreach Program, National Breast Cancer Foundation, New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, The Greater New York City Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure, and New York State Department of Health
WHAT: Mobile No-Cost Breast Cancer Screening Program
WHEN: Friday, March 8, 2013. 9 AM to 4:30 PM
WHERE: East Harlem Council for Human Services, Inc. Bilingual Head Start – 440 E 116th St (between 1st Avenue and Pleasant Avenue)
AN APPOINTMENT IS NECESSARY – CALL (877) 628-9090
Para ver el volante del evento en español, haga clic aquí.