Currently there is only one certified GJ/GNY contractor in the entire Bronx! Becoming one can grow your business!
Through the Green Jobs Green NY (GJGNY) program, thousands of homes can receive free or reduced cost audits and retrofits, stopping air leaks, installing installation, upgrading HVAC systems, changing lighting, etc. In order to do this work, a contractor must be Building Performance Institute (BPI) accredited before they can participate in the Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® program sponsored by the New York State Energy Research Development Authority (NYSERDA).
At this Contractor Forum, you will learn:
- What BPI certification encompasses, how to become involved in the NYSERDA GJGNY program, and available incentives.
- AEA, BCC, and Solar One will discuss their training opportunities for BPI certification.
- What contractors need to be prepared to offer, in terms of capacity to get the assessments and retrofits completed.
- MWBE certification and the opportunities for procurement that it can open up for MWBE contractors. Also additional incentives and training funding opportunities offered through SBS.
- Additional incentives for business development for GJGNY, such as OJT training funding.
HOSTED BY: Solar One and Bronx Overall Economic Development Corporation; with support from Bronx Community College, Association for Energy Affordability, NYC Small Business Services, Sustainable South Bronx
WHAT: Bronx Contractor Forum
WHERE: Bronx Community College, Language Hall, Facility Dining Room (map)
WHEN: Tuesday, October 9, 2012 from 6:30 – 8:30 PM
If you are interested in taking advantage of the quickly expanding market for home energy upgrades or “green jobs”, RSVP today!