Deferred Action Application Now Available for Undocumented Youth

Earlier this year, President Obama announced that DREAM Act eligible immigrant students will be able to remain in the U.S. without fear of deportation and can access work permits. Applicants who have not committed major crimes can apply for Deferred Action without fear of deportation for at least two years.

The application for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (I-821D) has been released along with the application for employment authorization (I-765)  and I-765WS, form I-765 worksheet. If you are filing for Deferred Action make sure to file all applications. Filing address depends on state of residence, check out the complete list here.

The total fee for forms for deferred action I-821D, employment authorization I-765 and the worksheet I-765WS is $465. This fee includes the $380 form fee for the working papers I-765 and an $85 biometric services fee. Make sure you do not pay more for the applications.

Here is the list of the requirements and a list of documents you need in order to prove you are eligible for deferred action.  

Attend New York State Youth Leadership Council’s (NYSYLC) Manhattan’s Deferred Action Workshop to get more information about Deferred Action, the requirements, how to apply, when and where. Get your questions answered by an accredited lawyer.

Manhattan Deferred Action Workshop

WHEN: Thursday, Aug 16th from 6:30pm-8:30pm

WHERE: Little Sisters of the Assumption on LSA Family Health Service, 333 East 115th St, New York, NY 10029, 3rd Floor.

For more information contact, visit NYSYLC’s website, follow @NYSYLC or like NYSYLC on Facebook

Additional information provided by U.S. Citizen & Immigration Services: Deferred Action Informational Flyer & Deferred Action Detailed Informational Brochure


3 thoughts on “Deferred Action Application Now Available for Undocumented Youth

  1. I would like to know if there are and where in Houston, TX, I honestly do not know how to search on the web these type of help. I have tried certain titles, but nothing comes up. And as I went through the Form I-821D I saw that I am going to need help filling it up. Due to ALSO, I cannot find the Form I-765WS. I found the one that has not the WS, thus I cannot continue my searches for forums nor this I-765WS form. Thank you I will wait patiently.

  2. Now i’m looking both for blog sites supply neutral, well-balanced commentary on most matters or possibly blog sites that are fitted with a fabulous open-handed or possibly left-wing slant. Thanks..

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s