Today, Melissa introduced various pieces of legislation. Please note that you can now track all legislation that Melissa has introduced in this session by visiting our new Legislation page (look for the tab at the top of the page).
- Int 86: Replacing horse drawn carriages with alternative fuel powered classic cars.
- Int 87: Requiring principal owners of multiple dwellings to provide their names and contact information to HPD.
- Int 88: Requiring the New York City Police Department to make certain domestic violence statistics available through its website.
- Int 89: Regulating the removal of trees from private property.
- Res 56: Resolution calling on the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles to insert a question on the driver’s license application that inquires about veteran status, in an effort to obtain an accurate count of veterans in the State.
At today’s Stated Meeting, the Council also adopted Int 4-A, the first piece of Parks legislation to pass since Melissa became Chair of the Committee. This legislation will create a more clearly-defined process for the removal and replacement of trees on public property.